FHA Home Loans are federal government insured mortgages that allow lenders, like Christensen Financial, the opportunity to offer home financing to those who traditionally struggle to secure home financing. Our FHA loan programs have less stringent qualifications, offering great options for homeowners and home buyers, whether you need a new home loan or are refinancing your current mortgage.
FHA Home Loan: Purchase a Home without a Huge Down Payment
Government-insured FHA Home Loans are a popular loan for first time home buyers because you do not need a large down payment to secure a first-time mortgage. Typically, buyers may put down as little as 3.5 percent.
Other benefits to an FHA Home Loan include:
- Easier credit qualifying
- Low closing costs
- Less stringent debt ratios & job requirements
- Gifts allowed towards the home down payment
Christensen Financial offers FHA Home Loans with Fixed Rate Mortgages and Adjustable Rate Mortgages rates with flexible terms. For more information about buying a home with an FHA Home Loan, contact one of our mortgage specialists.
FHA Streamline Refinance Loan
Christensen Financial can help you refinance your home with an FHA loan, even if you have less than perfect credit. FHA Streamline Refinance Loans traditionally require less documentation than a traditional loan and do not require an appraisal. Many homeowners who have difficulty paying their mortgage move from a conventional mortgage to an FHA Streamline Refinance Loan, which may lower your interest rate and monthly payments.
Other uses for an FHA Streamline Refinance Loan include:
- Improving or upgrading your home
- Avoiding foreclosure
- Borrowing cash from your home’s equity
As an FHA Direct Endorsement (DE) and Government Approved Lender, Christensen Financial offers a wide variety of FHA loans:
FHA Fixed Rate Mortgages
- FHA 30 Year Fixed Rate Loan: A fixed rate loan, with low-interest rates and monthly payments, that generally requires a small down payment. This loan may be obtained by buyers with low credit scores.
- FHA 15 Year Fixed Rate Loan: Similar to the 30 Year Fixed Rate Loan, it offers the benefits of a stable monthly mortgage payment, except that the interest you pay over the life of the loan is significantly less because the loan is expected to be paid in half the time.
- FHA 203(k) 30 Year Fixed Rate Loan: The 203(k) loan program allows borrowers special financing to buy a fixer-upper with enough extra money to complete necessary renovations.
FHA Adjustable Rate Mortgages
- FHA 5/1 Adjustable Rate Mortgage: The initial interest rate is valid for the first five years; after that, your rate is determined by market values. This loan is useful for buyers who plan to own the home for a short time because introductory interest rates are typically very low.
FHA Streamline Refinance Loans
- FHA Streamline 30 Year Fixed Rate Refinance Loan: Designed to either lower your payment by lowering your current interest rate or converting an FHA Adjustable Rate Mortgage into a Fixed Rate mortgage. The FHA Streamline refinance loans require less documentation than a traditional loan, and there is no appraisal required. This loan is easy to apply for and may not require qualifying debt ratios or income verification.
- FHA 203(k) Streamline 30 Year Fixed Rate Refinance Loan: The FHA 203(k) allows borrowers to pull out up to $35,000 in equity to pay for home improvements or renovations.
- FHA Streamline 5/1 Adjustable Rate Refinance Mortgage: The FHA 5/1 ARM establishes the low initial interest rate for the first five years; after that, your interest rates will fluctuate depending on market interest rates. Adjustable Rate Mortgages typically have the lowest rates and may be useful if you plan on selling your home quickly.
Contact a licensed Christensen Financial loan officer today to find out how you may achieve your financial goals with an FHA Home Loan.